Please choose your forum wisely when beginning a discussion or asking a question, help keep our various forums clean and clean.
The Ethereum subreddit is the most inclusive Ethereum forum, where most of the community discussion is happening and where core devs are also active. This is your forum of choice for generic discussion of news, media coverage, announcements, brainstorming. Ter general all things Ethereum relevant to the broader community.
Stringently no price discussion.
Also, this is not the ideal place to ask for hands-on help or postbode questions you expect there are clear instant answers to (use Gitter Rooms and Stack Exchange for thesis, respectively).
Further specialised subreddits:
- /r/EthTrader – Ether trading, price and market
- /r/EtherMining – Ether mining discussion
- /r/Ethmarket – Marketplace for individuals looking to exchange goods and services for Ether
- /r/Ethinvestor – News and prospects for Ethereum investors. Following the long term trends ter the Ethereum marketplace.
- /r/ethereumism/ – A bit more ism, ostic, ical, ist and tinfoil hats, pyramids and crystal ball type of views – the ethereal side of Ethereum
The Ethereum Stack Exchange is part of the StackExchange network of Q&,A communities. StackExchange is a free Q&,A webpagina where all the questions and answers are preserved for posterity.
This is the best place to ask technical questions. Help your fellow etherians by answering questions and collect reputation points.
Gitter is our forum of choice for daily talk. It is the virtual coworking space where devs suspend out, so it is where you can get quick help and a bit of handholding if needed.
Gitter uses Github accounts, offers Github integration (notification of pull requests etc), private channels, provides markdown formatting, and more.
Most Gitter channels are organised around particular repositories, or generic topics like research or governance. Please choose the suitable slagroom and keep discussions on topic.
- go-ethereum – about geth (and instruments related to the go implementation)
- cpp-ethereum – about eth (and implements related to the C++ implementation)
- Solidity – The Solidity Contract-Oriented Programming Language
- tuinslang – The Slang language for contract development
- waas – GUI dapp browser, official wallet app
- light-client – about light client and the Onderricht protocol
- research – Ethereum research
- governance – about dev governance
- whisper – anonymous datagram publishing
- swarm – decentralised content storage and distribution network
- EIPs – discussion of Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs)
- devp2p – ГђОћV’s p2p network protocol &, framework
Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs)В¶
The EIP scheme aims to be a framework and largely informal business process coordinating improvements to the protocols. People should very first propose their idea spil an punt or pull request to the EIPs repository. After basic filtering, the proposal will receive a number and is published ter draft form. For an EIP to become Active it will require the mutual consent of the community. Those proposing switches should consider that ultimately consent may surplus with the overeenstemming of the Ethereum users. For discussion of EIPs, use the gitter channel for EIP discussions.
Some community discussion fora still use skype rooms, but wij would like to stir away from that and encourage people to use gitter or slack.
Stephan Tual’s legendary Ethereum Forum is no longer maintained and likely to be decommissioned soon. Wij encourage people to use one of the recommended alternatives listed above.
©, Copyright 2016, Ethereum community. Revision 41fc2c03 .